Apply until the 5th of October 2014 to take part in the largest Balkan competition for innovation and make your pitch before active international venture capital, private equity and corporate investors.
The pitching competition will help entrepreneurs from the Balkans to:
- Acquire investments
- Connect to the investor community
- Build capacity and competencies
We are inviting all entrepreneurs, innovative start-ups, innovators, fast growing companies, individual inventors, researchers and all other interested companies to participate in our competition and investor readiness programs.
If you have an interesting project, regardless of whether you are just beginning or would like to expand, we invite you to register your profile and qualify for our competition.
Most financing opportunities will be in fields of ICT, life science (bio-medicine, bio-tech, health, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices), as well as renewable energies, energy efficiency and green concepts.
You are strongly encouraged to personally interpret the meaning of these areas and to apply in any case.
Prices and Benefits
- Opportunity to pitch your technology and business ideas to a panel of investors
- Take part of the Venture Academy which will be held the afternoon before the actual event, November 11
- Take part of the One2one meetings between entrepreneurs and investors
- Exhibition space, networking meetings and dinners and a great party
- The best companies will be invited to the European Venture Summit, among the best 100 start-ups in Europe.
Process of Application and Requirements
Step 1: Your company has to fit the following requirements:
- A high-tech startup or growth company active in ICT (hardware, software, mobile apps, gaming, online retail, payment)
- Located in one of these countries: Albania; Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey
- Looking for investment and partnership opportunities in the next 18-24 months
Step 2: Register yourself as a candidate to present your company at the Balkan Venture Forum – COINVEST Edition and create your profile
Step 3: Deliver the following materials up-to-date and complete before the deadline
- Online Company Profile (2 page)
- Presentation (PPT)
(Note: companies with an incomplete profile or missing presentation will NOT be reviewed)
The selection of the final presenters will be based on the quality of the company profile and the PPT.
Evaluation criteria for the company pitching competition
The potential market of customers for the presented product is attractive and the business model is strong
Company team has skills and experience to grow the business and is able/willing to work with industry & research
Product / Technology merit
Technology or product solutions developed are state-of-the-art and well advanced compared to the competitors
The intellectual property of the company and its competences and strategic relations are outstanding
Investment or partnering interest
The demand/offer to invest in or partner with the company is well defined and potentially attractive for partners
Project profile quality
Information available from company profile sheet is complete, clear, balanced and convincing