The pitching competition will help entrepreneurs from the Balkans to:
- Acquire investments
- Connect to the investor community
- Build capacity and competencies
We are inviting all entrepreneurs, innovative start-ups, innovators, fast growing companies, individual inventors, researchers and all other interested companies to participate in our competition and investor readiness programs.
If you have an interesting project, regardless of whether you are just beginning or would like to expand, we invite you to register your profile and qualify for our competition.
Most financing opportunities will be in fields of ICT, life science (bio-medicine, bio-tech, health, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices), as well as renewable energies, energy efficiency and green concepts.
You are strongly encouraged to personally interpret the meaning of these areas and to apply in any case.
- Receive mentoring at the Venture Academy to increase their investor readiness;
- Get involved in the Pan-European investor network of Europe Unlimited;
- One of the teams participating in the BkVF Pitching Competition will be awarded by LAUNCHub Seed & Acceleration fund with a “Wild card” for the application process in the summer of 2013 or a better chance of being among the 8-10 teams that qualify for EUR 30,000 worth of funding. Should the selected one apply to LAUNCHub, it will have a guaranteed place among the shortlisted teams who have a personal interview with the fund’s team on their way to participation in the Acceleration Program.
- One of the finalists of the Pitching Competition will be selected by the jury member representing Eleven Startup Accelerator to pitch its project directly to Eleven’s investment panel following BkVF, receiving a fast-track through Eleven’s selection process.
- 25% top companies will be invited to pitch at the European Venture Summit(EVS) in December 2013. Last EVS took place in Berlin in December 2013, with 130+ pitching startups from around Europe and 120 VCs, for unprecedented two day pitching and matchmaking event;
- Have pre-scheduled 1on1 meetings with select investors and speakers;
- Free event registration for one entrepreneur and discount of 50% for the rest of the team;
- Provide innovative products or services;
- Must be privately owned, including investor-backed companies;
- Entrepreneurs/innovators must be registered in Southeastern Europe.
The company has identified a good market and customer base for their products and/or services, and can clearly demonstrate how they can effectively sell to their customers.
The company’s team has the necessary skills and experience to grow the business.
The products and/or services offered are innovative, technologically advanced, of better quality, or lower price, or otherwise have distinct competitive advantages.
The company can demonstrate a solid competitive advantage through intellectual property (existing or potential trade secret, copyright, trademark, patent, etc.) and/or potential market channels, strong partners, etc.
Investment or partnering interest
The company has clearly identified the type of partnership and/or investment that they are looking for.
Project profile quality
The information presented is well defined, clear, concise and attractive for potential investors/partners.
- 32-48 companies from the region will be selected for the pitching competition;
- The deadline for application is until 01.05.2013;
- The selected companies will receive a dry-run coaching session on May 21st 2013;
- Each selected company will have 8 minutes to present, after which there will be 7 minutes for questions from the investors;
- If you are not ready to present your project at this edition of the Balkan Venture Forum, you are welcome to attend the Forum and participate in the networking, expert presentations and get inspiration and energy from the leading-edge participants. Book tickets here!